02 Mar 2023
We’re always developing new support materials to help teachers deliver Cambridge programmes successfully in the classroom. Here are some of the latest resources on the School Support Hub, our secure online site for teachers at Cambridge schools. You can find them in the 'Teaching and learning' section of the relevant syllabus page.
If you have never had an account for the School Support Hub, speak to the School Support Coordinator at your school, and they will help set one up for you.
Example Candidate Responses (ECR)
The Example Candidate Responses (ECR) booklets provide illustrative examples of candidate work at different levels of performance. Each answer is annotated with examiner comments on the awarded mark and any mistakes the candidate has made. The examiner explains how the candidate could have improved their answer, and lists common mistakes made in this question across all candidates who sat the exam.
- Cambridge International AS & A Level Marine Science 9693 (for examination from 2022)
- Cambridge International AS Level Portuguese 8684 (for examination from 2022)
- Cambridge International AS & A Level Portuguese 9718 (for examination from 2022).
Example Candidate Responses (ECR) – speaking
The Example Candidate Responses (ECR) for speaking are an online resource, which focuses on real speaking tests demonstrating different levels of candidate performance. Each candidate response is followed by examiner comments on the strengths and weaknesses of the test and common mistakes and misconceptions. Transcripts of the audios and additional examiner commentaries are also included.
New ECR’s (speaking):
- Cambridge IGCSE / IGCSE (9-1) Italian 0535_7164 (for examination from 2022)
- Cambridge IGCSE Mandarin Chinese 0547 (for examination from 2022)
- Cambridge IGCSE First Language Spanish 0502 (for examination from 2022).
Schemes of Work
Schemes of work are medium-term teaching plans that provide ideas about how to construct and deliver your Cambridge course. The syllabus is broken down into teaching units with suggested teaching activities and learning resources to use in the classroom.
New Schemes of Work:
- Cambridge IGCSE International Mathematics 0607 (for examination from 2025).
Specimen Paper Answers
Specimen Paper Answers aim to exemplify standards and include examples of very good answers to questions in specimen papers, providing teachers with guidance on what is expected in the exam.
New Specimen Paper Answers:
- Cambridge IGCSE / O Level Sociology 0495_2251 (for examination from 2025).
New Writing skills text types
- Cambridge O Level / MUOL / BNOL English Language 1123_1120_1125
- Cambridge IGCSE (Core) English as a Second Language 0465
- Cambridge IGCSE English (as an Additional Language) 0472_0772
- Cambridge IGCSE / O Level languages 0513_0504_0531_0548_0698_3180_3205.
Updated Resource Plus Set Text resources – 0475
- Great Expectations – video, quiz and teaching pack
- Rebecca – video, quiz and teaching pack
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream – video, quiz and teaching pack.
New Everyday Science videos
Experimental skills and investigations
Building a learning journal
Share and embed