Enquiries about results for portfolio of evidence
The following services are available for eligible candidates who have followed the portfolio of evidence route:
- Clerical re-check: Service 1
- Clerical re-check with copy of script: Service 1S
- Review of marking: Service 2
- Review of marking with copy of script: Service 2S.
In addition to these services, the following service is available for portfolio of evidence:
- Review of selection of evidence: Service 10 – a review of the choice of the pieces of evidence included in the candidate’s portfolio to check that the pieces of evidence chosen meet the criteria for selection in our published portfolio of evidence guidance. There is more information in our Guidance on enquiries about results and appeals for the portfolio of evidence route’ document, available on the portfolio of evidence page on our website. For information about the fee for this service, see ‘My Messages’ on Direct.
A Service 9 (or any group report enquiries) are not available for candidates on the portfolio of evidence route.
- You can only submit a review of components from the same syllabus as part of a single enquiry about results. We cannot accept additional component enquiries for the same candidate and syllabus at a later date.
- For each candidate, you can only submit all the components in the syllabus for the same post-results service. For example, you cannot request a Service 1S for one component and then a Service 2S for another component if they are components of the same syllabus.
Understanding marks and annotations on scripts and portfolios of evidence
If you request a service that includes copy of script, this factsheet will help you to understand the marks and annotations you will see on your candidate’s script. It will also help you to understand the reasons why a candidate’s mark may or may not be changed following an enquiry about results.
How do we mark the portfolio?
To help explain how we mark portfolios of evidence, we have more information, and a short video, on our ‘marking the portfolio’ page.
If you would like to appeal against the outcome of an enquiry about results, a two-stage appeals process is available. Follow the procedures outlined in section 7 of the Cambridge Handbook.