We produce several documents to help you plan and teach our programmes and qualifications. These materials are available from our School Support Hub.
Our syllabuses are well designed, interesting to teach, accessible to students and regularly updated.
They explain what your learners need to know, how they will be assessed, and the relationship between assessment objectives and papers.
Syllabuses are available in the programmes and qualifications section and the School Support Hub.
Specimen papers are available to download on our School Support Hub. You can use these papers:
- to familiarise yourself with the overall assessment approach
- to check your learners' progress
- to help your learners develop confidence and understanding.
Schemes of work
Schemes of work are medium-term course plans. They suggest a possible teaching sequence, activities for the classroom and suitable past paper exam resources. They will help you:
- improve your teaching
- develop innovative and engaging lessons
- stretch your more able learners.
Our Teacher Guides are available for our most popular syllabuses. These provide:
- guidance on planning the course
- example lesson plans and templates
- example exercises to build language learning into subject lessons
- information on active learning and differentiation
- guidance on preparing students for final assessment.
Teacher guides also include tips to help you develop your learners' language skills at each stage of the course.
Next Steps guides
Our new ‘Next Steps’ guides help teachers give learners a clear understanding of the transition between Cambridge IGCSE and Cambridge International AS & A Level.
The guides outline key differences between Cambridge IGCSE and Cambridge International AS & A Level study and include answers to students’ frequently asked questions and suggested resources.
They also suggest a classroom activity to help learners prepare for the type of lesson they can expect once they start their Cambridge International AS and A Level course.
The guides are now available for:
- Cambridge International AS/A Level Biology 9700
- Cambridge International AS/A Level Chemistry 9701
- Cambridge International AS/A Level Physics 9702
- Cambridge International AS/A level Mathematics 9709
- Cambridge International AS/A Level English Language 9093