For Cambridge schools
A strong school profile benefits schools and students by giving universities and colleges context about a student's opportunities and environment in high school or secondary school. For Cambridge schools, an important part of the profile is Cambridge International courses and assessments, including Cambridge IGCSE and Cambridge International AS & A Levels.
What is a school profile?
A school profile is a concise snapshot of a secondary school. It’s not always required, but a school profile can be a powerful component of a student’s college or university application. Although most common in the US and Canada, school profiles are used increasingly in other countries to add context to student applications.
Each school is unique and there is no single template for a perfect school profile. However, the following guidance may be useful.
A school profile must have:
- School contact information for university/career counsellors
- Demographic information, including class size
- Curriculum options and/or special requirements
- Grade point average (GPA) calculation (if relevant)
- Class rank calculation (if relevant)
- Post-graduation choices and statistics for most recent graduating cohort
A school profile may include:
- Overall performance on standardized tests
- Brief overview of the community that surrounds the school
- Extracurricular activities offered
- List of universities where the past three graduating cohorts have enrolled
A school profile does not need:
- Mission or vision statements
- Pictures of school facilities
- Awards won by students, including athletic championships
- Profiles of prominent teachers or administrators
Admissions offices are looking for essential information in an easy-to-scan format. We recommend you:
- Be concise: aim for one to two pages
- Be organized: use clear headers for each section
- Use data: if you have it, present data in easily digested infographics
Cambridge International on your school profile
The language below can be pasted easily into your profile as needed. You may also include a Cambridge International School logo image. Get Cambridge International logos (access restricted to Cambridge schools).
Cambridge International Schools
Partnering with Cambridge International allows our students to have access to an internationally renowned curriculum backed by the first-class teaching and research departments of the University of Cambridge. Cambridge International works with over 10,000 schools, across 160 countries. Tens of thousands of students use Cambridge exam grades every year to gain entrance, advanced placement, or credit at leading universities worldwide.
For US high schools
US schools that refer to Cambridge International courses and exams as AICE or Pre-AICE may want to add a brief explanation:
- Please note that the regional names, AICE and Pre-AICE, may appear on school documents when referring to Cambridge International programs.
The communications toolkit
For more materials to help your school explain the Cambridge Pathway to parents, students and other audiences visit the Communications toolkit.