Cambridge Lower Secondary Checkpoint
Many schools use Cambridge Checkpoint to assess learners at the end of the lower secondary programme. The video below walks teachers through our new Cambridge Checkpoint reports which, from 2023, score learners’ performance on a new 0-50 scale within new performance bands.
VIDEO: Information on the new Cambridge Checkpoint reports.
Many schools use our Cambridge Checkpoint tests to assess learners at the end of the lower secondary programme (Stage 9).
The tests are marked by Cambridge International for English as a first or second language, mathematics and science. Cambridge Lower Secondary Checkpoint Global Perspectives learners produce a research report that is assessed by teachers and externally moderated by Cambridge International.
Schools use the feedback from Cambridge Lower Secondary Checkpoint to make strategic decisions, drawing upon a pool of information and specialist reporting tools that we have built into the tests. You can use the reports to:
- tailor individual learning programmes
- monitor group and individual performance
- compare the performance of all learners taking tests in that session
- manage learning programmes within schools and as learners move between schools.
The test feedback measures a learner’s performance in relation to:
- the Curriculum framework
- their teaching group
- a whole school cohort
- previous years’ learners.
The learner report for each individual learner gives a:
- Cambridge Checkpoint score achieved at subject level
- mark achieved at strand and sub-strand/skill level
- Statement of Achievement that shows the subjects and scores achieved.
Teaching group report
The report for each teaching group (or class) gives:
- the average Cambridge Checkpoint score achieved at subject and strand/skill level
- a learner distribution across ranges of scores
- a table of scores in alphabetical order by learner name with candidate number, strand scores and overall subject scores
- a table of learner marks achieved at strand and sub-strand level.
The report at school level gives:
- the average Cambridge Checkpoint score for each subject
- the average score for each strand/skill
- the average scores achieved in the past five years
- an international average that shows the average score per subject/strand for all schools in the cohort.
End of series report
We also include a Principal's Examiner report for schools, which provides qualitative information on your students. The report includes types of learner responses and areas where they performed well and common errors made on each part of the exam question.