We realise that many of you have questions about carrying forward marks. These webpages will help you understand the entry you should make if you have candidates who wish to carry forward marks.
You can find information in this section about the following:
- Carrying forward non-examination assessments. This includes information about carrying forward marks for coursework and speaking tests.
- Carrying forward an AS Level to A Level. This includes information about carrying forward marks within the different assessment approaches.
Carrying forward non-examination assessments
Our usual rules for carrying forward the marks from non-examination assessments, such as coursework and speaking tests, still apply. Candidates may only carry forward marks within 13 months. Our usual rules do not allow carry forwards from a March to a June series. See more information in the Cambridge Exams Officers’ Guide.
You can submit candidates' work which was originally prepared for non-examination assessments in previous series for us to mark or moderate, as long as it meets all the criteria below. This includes work which was previously submitted as evidence to support a school-assessed grade.
- The component does not have pre-release materials or early exam stimulus materials that are unique to each exam series.
- We have not previously marked or moderated the submitted work.
- The work has been kept securely by the centre and the candidate has not had any opportunity to change it.
- The work meets the current syllabus requirements (where there has been a change in syllabus requirements).
You must make sure you follow the guidance for non-examination assessments (see section 3.4 of the Cambridge Handbook).