Go to our other sites
Cambridge Assessment International Education
Find out how to become a Cambridge school.
Programmes & qualifications
Cambridge Professional Development Qualifications provide a strong framework to support effective professional development of teachers and leaders.
I want to
Use the Resource Centre to search for support materials and resources.
News & blog
Cambridge Outlook magazine
Keep up to date with news from Cambridge and its schools around the world.
Teaching & learning
To ensure that Cambridge Professional Development Qualifications (Cambridge PDQs) reflect current thinking and practice in education, we are reviewing the syllabuses. This is part of our standard review cycle and takes place every 3 years.
Cambridge PDQ Programme Leaders are invited to take part in the review process. If you would like to share your thoughts, please log on to the syllabus review discussion forum or email firstname.lastname@example.org
1. When will the new syllabuses be available?
They will be released in Autumn 2017 for first teaching January 2018.
2. What will change?
There will be some revisions to the three modules, including minor changes to wording of learning outcomes, and some changes to evidence requirements. There will be no changes to the assessment criteria.
3. When should we stop teaching the old syllabuses?
See the attached factsheet for guidance on when to stop teaching the old syllabuses and implement the new versions.
4. Which syllabus should I follow if I’m planning to start a Cambridge PDQ in 2017?
If your programme is due to begin before 1 January 2018 please use the 2017 syllabus.
5. If I start a Cambridge PDQ before 31 December 2017, should I switch to the new syllabus on 1 January 2018 before submitting my portfolio?
No. If you started a Cambridge PDQ before 31 December 2017, you will complete the module based on the syllabus you started with and submit your portfolio on the 2017 templates using the 2017 syllabus. Once you have completed this module, you will then move onto the next module based on the 2018 syllabus. If you need to resubmit you will use the templates and syllabus your initial submission was based on.
6. How long will we have to complete a Cambridge PDQ if we follow the old syllabus?
Your programme length will vary depending on the programme delivery model. The award rules are not affected by the syllabus revision.
7. Will the syllabus codes change?
8. I completed a Cambridge PDQ 12 months ago. Is this qualification still valid?
Yes, the syllabus revision does not affect the validity of your qualification.
9. Do you consult with Cambridge PDQ Centres when revising the syllabuses?
Yes. Part of the syllabus development is to consult with all stakeholders to find out what they like about the syllabuses and what they think could be better. If you would like to be part of this development, please contact our customer services team at email@example.com